Technological progress successfully serves not only industry, but also helps the average person in everyday life - housewives are actively using its latest achievements in the field of household appliances. Washing machines have long and firmly taken their place in our apartments and houses.
Later they were joined by kitchen assistants - dishwashers. Relatively recently, a new miracle of household appliances has appeared - miniature robotic vacuum cleaners in a hurry to occupy their niche in our collection of useful gadgets that save time and energy.
The robot vacuum cleaner is an autonomous device for sweeping and cleaning floors, which does not require operator participation in the work process. All you need to do is plug in the socket, carefully read the instructions and do not forget to regularly clean the dust collector tank. Not a device, but just a magician!
However, despite the fact that many manufacturers have learned to make such automatic dust cleaners, and there are already a great many models available for purchase, this technique is still quite new and unknown for many. And taking into account its relatively high cost and serious price dispersion, the question of choosing a model sometimes puts a potential buyer in a stupor.
This article will help you understand the aspects of choosing the best robot vacuum cleaner for your home.
To begin with, it is worth paying attention to what types of robots are present on the market today. As in the case of classic dust-collecting devices, there are 2 classes of automatic vacuum cleaners: ordinary and washing.
"Usual" robot by means of small brushes mounted on the bottom of the body, it sweeps dust and small debris from the floor surface into a special internal dust collector. It has a small height, designed for cleaning flat surfaces and can cope with a coating having a pile length of not more than 2 cm.
Washing a vacuum cleanerIn addition to nozzles for sweeping garbage and a container for its collection, it contains water tanks (clean and dirty). During cleaning, the appliance wets the floor surface with water, collects wet dust and wipes the surface. The scope of this technique is limited compared to conventional models, because it is larger and larger in size, and also unsuitable for cleaning floors with soft coatings, such as carpet, carpet, and materials that do not allow prolonged contact with water (for example, laminate).
Attention! When choosing the type of device, first of all, be guided by what floor covering is supposed to be cleaned with its help.
The main parameters of robotic vacuum cleaners include:
- cleaning area;
- overcoming obstacles;
- dust collector volume;
- suction power;
- type and capacity of the battery;
- noise level.
One of the main parameters is cleaning areawhich works can be processed without recharging. Obviously, this characteristic should not exceed the size of the living space that you plan to clean. This parameter correlates with the continuous runtime of the device.
There is even empirical calculation formulaused by some advanced users:
S = t - 10, where
S is the harvesting area;
t is the battery life.
However, in some cases this formula is not applicable, therefore it is better to be guided by the real value of the parameter S indicated in the technical data sheet of the device.
Overcoming obstaclescharacterized by the threshold height that the device can overcome during the cleaning process.
Dust collector capacitydetermines the amount of dust that the robot is able to collect before it is necessary to empty the garbage container. This characteristic depends on the time of continuous operation and the amount of dust in the apartment.
Suction poweraffects the quality of cleaning.
Battery Type and Capacity are decisive for the charging speed, operating time and continuous operation of the device. The most reliable are lithium-ion power sources.
Noise level - It can be of fundamental importance if someone is sleeping during the cleaning process, for example, for example, you have a small child, or you prefer the night cleaning mode. Measured in decibels.
In addition to its main task, garbage collection, various additional functions useful for operation can be implemented in various models.
Air filtration. This function allows the vacuum cleaner to clean not only the floor surface, but also the air passing through the device. For this, specialized HEPA filters or plain paper filters can be used. The first is much more expensive and allows you to filter the air much better.
Scheduled cleaning. The option is available in almost every modern model of well-known brands. It allows you to configure your assistant so that it starts independently in your absence. The owner will only have to monitor the condition of the dust container and carry out maintenance on time.
Wet cleaningimproves the quality of the vacuum cleaner by using a wet wipe in addition to the working brushes.
Soft touch It will protect your furniture from scratches, and animals sleeping on the path of the auto-cleaner - from stress. The function is implemented through a range of technical means, including a spring bumper, proximity sensors and a speed control system.
Differential height sensor Useful for use in a private house to protect an expensive gadget from falling from the stairs.
The vacuum cleaner in the basic version is controlled by buttons located on the top panel of the housing. They can start work, pause it and send the device to the base. Advanced features are subject to availability. remote control.
If you are used to controlling your equipment remotely, this option will be especially pleasant for you. With it, you do not need to go to the base to start cleaning or to look for a noisy device for an emergency termination of the procedure and sending it for charging.
You can also program the device to work using the "Schedule" function. In advanced versions of robotic dust collectors, voice control is implemented.
Robot vacuum cleaners orient themselves in space by means of infrared sensors, which allow them not to run across objects and prevent falling from a height.
The same controls allow the device to interact with the base and virtual walls, limiting its geography.
When choosing a vacuum cleaner, you must be guided by the following considerations.
- The surface of the floors. First of all, determine the type of device. If you plan to drive the vacuum cleaner under the cabinets and beds, as well as sweep the floors from the laminate, the device without the wet cleaning function will suit you. Otherwise, you can consider the washing option.
- Budget. Since the cost of gadgets, depending on the set of functions and execution, can fluctuate over a very wide range, you should choose models with the right set of options in order to avoid unjustified costs. It is also recommended to avoid acquiring the cheapest models of unknown manufacturers - they may not live up to expectations and undermine faith in this technology, which is remarkable in its essence.
- Calculate what you need performance (work time, cultivated area) based on the actual size of your home.
- Pay attention to the amount of operating costs: the frequency of replacement of consumables (replaceable filters, brushes, etc.) and their cost.
- Keep away from unnecessary, marketing functionality. For example, the built-in ultraviolet lamp will not help in getting rid of bacteria - for this it is necessary that its effect has a long time.
- Follow the principle of trust but verify. Some little-known brands are trying to embellish their products, assigning them non-existent properties. For example, if such manufacturers claim to have HEPA filters, it is advisable to verify this firsthand.
- Do not take the battery parameters lightly. He should be enough for a full cleaning, and he should quickly gain charge. The need for an urgent replacement of this unit can re-hit the budget and upset the owner. Lithium ion batteries are preferred.